Lula Lake Land Trust, a 501c3 nonprofit and conservation property on Lookout Mountain, is seeking a student intern for the Fall 2017 academic semester. The intern who fills this position will learn every aspect of working at a small nonprofit as well as valuable marketing, public relations, and integrated communications tactics. This is an unpaid internship and interns must commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week. Hours could possibly include nights and weekends if help is needed during events.
- Managing Lula Lake’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), potentially expanding this reach by creating new sites.
- Updating the Lula Lake website as needed
- Writing dynamic blog posts for lulalake.org
- Answering emails from the public that were submitted via our website
- Helping plan, publicize, and staff events
- General assistance as a community liaison (this may include speaking to community groups or meeting with other organizations on behalf of Lula Lake and educating them on what we do)
- Assist with our periodic communications (monthly e-newsletter and biannual printed newsletter)
- Assist with writing grants and letters for fundraising purposes
- Other communications needs as needed
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism and must have completed at least two years of college. Applicants must be proficient in computer programs such as word, excel, Google Drive, and have a solid understanding of all social media platforms. Knowledge of WordPress, Salesforce, Final Cut Pro (or another video editor), and Adobe InDesign/Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Enthusiasm for the outdoors is a must.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Kat Volzer at email@example.com.