FAQ about the Core Property and Open Days
- When is the Land Trust core property open? Our Open Days are generally the first and last Saturday of each month December through April. From May through November we are open on the first and last weekends – Saturday and Sunday.
- What are your hours? Saturdays are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays are from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. The entrance gate closes at 4:00 p.m. on Open Days and all visitors must exit by 5:00 p.m.
- Are pets allowed? Pets are welcome and must remain on a leash at all times.
- Can we swim in Lula Lake? Sorry, no swimming in the lake, but you can wade in Rock Creek and splash in the spray under Lula Falls.
- Why isn’t Lula Lake always open? When it’s not an Open Day, Lula Lake Land Trust is reserved for organized educational and recreational activities in keeping with our mission. We host Scout troops, school field trips, research projects, workshops, and similar activities during the week and on non-open weekends. For the safety of these groups, the core property is closed to the public except for the Open Days.
- What about private events like weddings? As a conservation property, we must minimize the impact to the landscape, and reserve it for purposes consistent with our non-profit mission. Therefore, we do not host events like weddings, graduation parties, etc.
GEO Directions to Entrance Gate
Lula Lake Land Trust Entrance Gate
LLLT Core Property Map (PDF)